Play Buy Local Bingo
Pick up the 2010 Holiday Shopping Guide at participating merchants to play Buy Local Bingo. You could win great prizes from local businesses, while investing in your local community.
Get the Shopping Guide:
Play and Win:
- Visit any of our participating businesses and make a purchase now through 12/31/10.
- Ask the store staff to write in the amount of your purchase and their store code on the Bingo card. Note some squares have a business logo; this is only for purchases made at that business. Most of the card is made of WILD squares for purchases at any participating local business.
- Prizes are as follows: One purchase enters you in a drawing for gift certificates from local businesses. A bingo (five completed squares in any direction) enters you in a drawing to win either a gas grill from Ace Hardware OR skis from Edgeworks. A blackout (all squares completed, or 25 purchases) enters you in a drawing to win a flat panel TV from Listen Up!
- Submit your card at the nearest Noodles & Co. location (yes, they're local, too!) by 12/31/10. Forms must be complete with your name and contact info to win.
Other Contest Rules:
Contest entries valid for purchases made from 11/15/10 to 12/31/10. Cards must be submitted at a Noodles & Co. store or in the mail to be valid. No minimum purchase is required to participate. Only ONE discount per customer allowed (when applicable). Only purchases at participating locally owned stores are valid for entry. Purchases from online-only businesses (such as Colorado Carbon Fund or Mountain Green Goods) will be validated with a code via email confirmation. Entry cards must be completed in full and will not be returned. Prizes will be announced on this page by 1/10/11. MHBA does not guarantee entries will win a prize, nor do we insure anything about the prize. Gift certificates are subject to the terms described on the individual gift certificate. Prizes not claimed by 1/31/11 will be void. No prize is redeemable for cash or transferrable to another party. All winners will be contacted by phone and/or email. Please do not contact MHBA or participating businesses to find out if you won a prize.
Congratulations to our final prize winners:
- Skis and bindings from Edgeworks: Reverie Klein
- Gas Grill from Ace Alameda Station: Phoenix Cai
- TV from ListenUp!: Deborah Jones
Thanks to everyone who played!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why do some bingo squares contain logos?
These squares must be filled by purchases at those specific businesses. They are as follows:
|Noodles & Co. With more than 30 Denver locations, this Colorado-based company dishes up some yummy noodles. Look for our Buy Local Bingo submission boxes for more information about filling in your bingo square. Find locations at noodles.com|
|Polkadot Located on Old South Pearl St., Polkadot features jewelry, clothing and accessories for women. See great gifts on their site.|
|Colore Pizzeria Moderna is just across the street from Swallow Hill on South Broadway. Enjoy pizzas, salads and an excellent beer selection before a show! Peruse their menu at colorepm.com|
|Tony's Market has mulitple Metro-area locations, including a brand new store in the Golden Triangle. Shop for meats, cheeses and other delicious specialty food items. More info at tonysmarket.com|
|5 Green Boxes has two stores on Old South Pearl. The Big Store offers lovely furnishings and home accessories, while the Little Store sells unique clothing, jewelry and gift items. Learn more at 5greenboxes.com|
|Tattered Cover Book Store has three locations and now offers a selection of used titles! You can shop online or call to order the book you want, and enjoy locally roasted coffee in their coffee shops. Find them online at tatteredcover.com|
|Project C is an initiative of the Colorado Carbon Fund. Support Buy Local Week and the reduction of greenhouse gases by purchasing high-quality carbon offsets that fund renewable energy projects in our own State. Find out more and purchase carbon offsets on their site,coloradocarbonfund.org|
- What are the WILD! squares for?
The WILD squares are for any purchases made at participating merchants (not just the ones listed above). You can see a full list and get more info on this page.
- How do I get credit for my purchases?
Each participating merchant has their own "merchant code." Just ask the clerk to fill in a square with their code and the amount of your purchase when you visit.
- What if I'm shopping online?
If you're making a purchase at an online-only retailer, their code will be in the email reciept for your purchase. If you can't find this info, please contact the merchant directly, since they can verify your purchase.